[Bro] Bro IDS

Tyler T. Schoenke tyler.schoenke at colorado.edu
Thu Dec 6 08:39:53 PST 2012

Although I haven't used it in a while, probably the easiest way for you
to get started is install Security Onion on an Ubuntu virtual or
physical computer.   It should take about 15 minutes to get Ubuntu
installed, and 15 minutes to get Security Onion installed.   From there,
just look at the various log files.

After that, watch the videos and go through the exercises from the 2011
Bro Workshop.
http://www.bro-ids.org/bro-workshop-2011/index.html

Tyler

--