[Bro] Reg: bro.init file error (Very Urgent)

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 13 11:29:58 PST 2012

>  I was working with BRO IDS on my machine. By mistake I moved the Bro directory which is in /usr/local/Bro/share/Bro directory on the desktop of my machine. I moved again that Bro directory in /usr/local/Bro/Share/ directory. But now when I execute policy script it is showing error that "Can not open Bro.init".

I'm not sure if it's just the way you're typing the paths, but it could be your casing -- the paths are usually all lowercase by default ("bro" vs. "Bro" and "share" vs. "Share").

And I think if you do a `bro --help` and look at the $BROPATH option, it should tell you the default search paths for scripts that you can compare to the current location to see what's wrong.  If not, you can always try changing your BROPATH environment variable to point to where they currently are located.

+Jon