[Bro] Fast flux domains and Bro

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Feb 17 07:19:15 PST 2012

On Feb 17, 2012, at 9:34 AM, relevant username wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone on the list has any experience using Bro to detect fast flux domains.

I wrote a script quite a few years ago, but I haven't touched it in a long time and it likely won't work right on 2.0.  It's a very short script though and could probably be ported fairly easily.  It uses the detection technique outlined in this paper:
	http://pi1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/filepool/publications/fast-flux-ndss08.pdf

Someone else had a fast flux detection script at that time too, but I don't know if they still have it floating around anywhere or not.  I attached my script to this email.  When it's ported to 2.x we can get it into the contributed scripts repository.