[Bro] Script Question

Mike Sconzo sconzo at visiblerisk.com
Tue Feb 21 07:34:39 PST 2012

| This create a log record for each header. Is that what you want? Or would you
| like to record HTTP headers for each request/reply in a single line?

Yeah, this was done more to figure out what was going on and to wrap
my head around the syntax

| You could inserting bare print statements and then running the script on a
| small trace using just the Bro binary, e.g.,
|
|    bro -r your_trace your_script
|
| and observe the output on STDOUT.
|
| I did include the log attribute, I'll conquer that next.  More
questions first.

This was just what I needed, thanks!

I did include the  &log attribute, but I still have no actual clue
what I'm doing.  The price of learning.

Another question, is there a way to force (enable) headers to be
matched in a case sensitive way?
In other words I'm interested in "normal" looking headers.  Accept: is
pretty standard accross browser implementation where as accept: or
ACCEPT are outliers.  I noticed when I print the headers they are all
uc'd, didnt know if there was a way around this.

Reason behind all of these odd questions.  I've been working on some
passive identification of browsers so I can ask the question of "what
browser tells me it's msie via the user-agent string, but doesn't
behave like it".  With my current implentation I've got about a 72%
accuracy/detection rate, however it's currently implemented in another
product (commercial) that not everybody can afford. So I figured I'd
port it over and learn bro in the process so I could give it back to
the community.

Thanks for putting up with the questions.

-=Mike

--
cat ~/.bash_history > documentation.txt