[Bro] Reg: BRO Language

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Jan 30 07:42:30 PST 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 2:00 AM, Rishi Sahay wrote:

>  I want to learn BRO language to write my own policy scripts. Please, provide me some links and documentation through which I can learn the BRO language. Please, help me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

We are planning to begin revising our language documentation soon.  If you want to take a look at the old, incomplete language reference, it's available here:
	http://www-old.bro-ids.org/wiki/index.php/Reference_Manual

Keep in mind while reading it that it was written before the new style of scripts in Bro 2.0 was created so there is a huge amount of information that is either misleading or wrong.  Generally though, the actual language itself hasn't changed greatly and as always the absolute best reference is the scripts and tests themselves.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/