[Bro] specify a config file to run multiple bro instances on one server

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Jul 12 11:17:58 PDT 2012

On Jul 11, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Panaman wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how I can run multiple instances of bro with each of them using their own set of bro scripts.
> I don't really see a way to specify a config file when running it with broctl

I assume you are using broctl.  If that's true you can load specific scripts with Bro prefix mechanism (it's already enabled with broctl).

Drop a file in your site directory named worker-1.local.bro and it will be automatically loaded by the host named "worker-1".

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/