[Bro] Bro for embedded use?

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 24 11:30:38 PDT 2012

> at the moment with not too much hacking of the code its compiling at around
> 40MB, I'm hoping we can get this down further.

Was that compiled without debugging symbols and for size optimization yet?  The default compile flags determined in cmake/SetDefaultCompileFlags.cmake are likely going to set "-g -O2" and you might just want "-Os" once you've got something you think is ready for production use.  The simple way I'm seeing to get that right now is to just hack that file directly and make sure it sets CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "MinSizeRel", or if that doesn't give the desired flags, set it to "None" and have CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS set before running ./configure.

    Jon