[Bro] Bro2 Random Crashes

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Mar 1 06:16:21 PST 2012

On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:02 AM, Chris Crawford wrote:

> After taking a look at one of my crash reports, Seth suggested that
> I'm running out of memory.
…snip...
> ==== stderr.log
> listening on eth1, capture length 8192 bytes
>
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
> what():  std::bad_alloc

For a bit of extra context, this was the line that made me think he was running out of memory.  I used to see this more often than I wish I ever did when I ran an extremely memory starved cluster (and before many of the memory leaks were fixed for 2.0).

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/