[Bro] Bro2 Random Crashes

G. Clark gc355804 at ohio.edu
Sun Mar 4 12:27:38 PST 2012

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/linux-pdflush.htm

Specifically:

dirty_background_ratio: Primary tunable to adjust, probably downward. If
your goal is to reduce the amount of data Linux keeps cached in memory,
so that it writes it more consistently to the disk rather than in a
batch, lowering dirty_background_ratio is the most effective way to do
that. It is more likely the default is too large in situations where the
system has large amounts of memory and/or slow physical I/O.

You might also take a look at:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/cgroups/memory.txt

HTH

--Gilbert