[Bro] Learning the Bro Scripting Language Part 3 - Detecting basic auth and going from evidence to practical use in Bro

scott runnels srunnels at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:24:59 PDT 2012

Hi Mattias,

Thank you!

Yea, that's definitely a little misleading on my part.  I tried to touch on the fact that "Hey, Bro really does this kind of stuff under the hood!" I actually saw the username getting parsed out when I was dumping the connection getting passed into http_header and sent some colorful language at Seth over IM  :)

I'm hoping to try to get as many posts up as I can think of.  I've been working pretty closely with Seth to make sure that I don't do something 'unbroly', that I stick to the already established conventions, and to make sure I don't go about spreading any misinformation.  It's been a great learning experience.  I'll reiterate what I said the post, "Some day, I'll stop being shocked by everything Bro does and just accept that it's wall-to-wall awesome!"  Kind of hard sometimes, though!

v/r
Scott Runnels