[Bro] Event for syn-ack packet

Sheharbano Khattak sheharbano.k at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:37:48 PDT 2012

I have a list of C&C servers and i want to detect which hosts in our
network talk to them. The first case is simple, check all outbound
connections in which the destination is C&C IP. In the second case when a
C&C server takes the initiative and tries to connect to an internal host.
In some cases, it may not proceed to establishing a full connection. Hear
the syn-ack and leave it at that. Come back later or maybe that's it's idea
of 'i am at your service' messages. I need this event for the second case
as the connection may never be established at all, at least for the time
for which i have pcap trace.

--
Sheharbano Khattak

http://etheryell.com