[Bro] Debugging Policies and Print Statement

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue May 29 08:25:02 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 14:48 -0500, you wrote:

> the policy debugger displays nothing. Breakpoints and stack tracks seem to
> work correctly but not being able to inspect variables is making playing
> with policies frustrating.

The debugger hasn't seen much attention for a while unfortunately, and
some of its functionality isn't working at the moment. We have a
ticket tracking that, http://tracker.bro-ids.org/bro/ticket/678, but
it doesn't look like we'll get to it in time for the next release.

Fwiw, I often just insert print statements into the code while
developing/debugging.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org