[Bro] error at the time of configure (bro 2.1)

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 8 07:49:07 PDT 2012

> but at the configuration time I am getting the error.

Looks like the problem may be your version of libpcap.  I notice that it's trying to use a version of libpcap in /usr/local, is that something you had built/installed yourself and is it a fairly recent version?

You could try `./configure --with-pcap=/usr` to see if it picks up a usable version that was installed by your OS's package management system.  Failing that, you could try getting a recent version of libpcap source and building/installing that in /usr/local (or somewhere else as long as you use the --with-pcap option to Bro's ./configure script).

    Jon