[Bro] BRO and SQL

Jim Mellander jmellander at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 26 16:04:58 PDT 2012

Resurrecting an old thread.

Seth's information on "broctl update", reproduced below has proven useful
to us when changing const variables (sounds like a contradiction!), such as
maintanance of whitelists or blacklists, without restarting bro.  I've been
thinking about some use cases of redef'ing consts, where I would like to
cook the data in the consts.  This I typically do with a bro_init event
handler when bro starts up.  Is there some way to trigger an event when
these updates occur, so that the updated variable can be recooked?

Thanks in advance