[Bro] Trying to extract HTTP payload

Abhishek Chanda abhishek.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:27:40 PDT 2012

Hi Seth and Doug,

Thanks for the replies.
I still could not get Bro to work though. I am trying to save a gif
file since I thought this would cause less confusion with the file
MIME and extension. I disabled TCP checksum offloading as Doug
suggested. I ran Bro as:

sudo ./bro -C -i eth1 "HTTP::extract_file_types=/.*\.gif/"

I then pointed my browser to a gif image. The entry for the image
appears in http.log but the image does not get saved. I am sure that
the interface is correct. What else can go wrong?

Thanks