[Bro] x = x and &synchronized

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Apr 19 08:04:29 PDT 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:05 PM, David Mandelberg <david at mandelberg.org> wrote:

> Alternatively, is there a better workaround or will that bug be fixed
> soon?

I've been moving away from the &synchronized attribute for quite a while and moving toward manual, explicit data sharing through events.  My experience with using it was like you're discovering, there are so many complicated edge cases that we don't even reasonably have a good mechanism of handing well.

At some point we may have better primitives for synchronizing data across nodes easily, but we don't have anything concrete in progress yet.

Just something to think about. :)

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/