[Bro] Weird stuff in weird.log?

Peter Franzel pfranzel at t-online.de
Sun Apr 21 03:23:20 PDT 2013

I am experiencing the same problem in the weired.log here as using one
interface defined for the WAN and one for the LAN traffic (between there
is a firewall and a loadbalancer with ssl-offload).
I am using the following node configuration:

[manager]
type=manager
host=10.XX.XX.11
[proxy-1]
type=proxy
host=10.XX.XX.11
[worker-1]      --> WAN Connection
type=worker
host=10.XX.XX.11
interface=p6p1
lb_method=pf_ring
lb_procs=8
[worker-2] --> LAN Connection
type=worker
host=10.XX.XX.11
interface=p6p2
lb_method=pf_ring
lb_procs=8
[worker-3] --> dedicated line between two DCs
type=worker
host=10.XX.XX.11
interface=bond0

Question: What I meaningfully should do to get rid of this:
--> Running one bro cluster/instance for each interface?
--> Or is there are way to do it by an other configuration change?

Peter