[Bro] quick question

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:44:00 PDT 2013

Hey Brian,

As Shane mentioned, bro-cut is one way to make better sense of your logs. There's some additional information about working with your logs available from the Bro Workshop, at: <http://www.bro.org/bro-workshop-2011/> (Exercise 2). If you're new to Bro, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Bro Workshop exercises. There are videos and a lot of hands-on questions and solutions for many day-to-day tasks with Bro.

Another way of converting timestamps is simply with the date command (I often resort to this when I just need a single timestamp):

> $ date -d @1367064229.605422
> Sat Apr 27 08:03:49 EDT 2013

Hope this helps,

  --Vlad