[Bro] truncated packets

Slagell, Adam J slagell at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 7 11:30:38 PDT 2013

See http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.detection.bro/3168

On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:29 PM, Adam J. Slagell <slagell at illinois.edu<mailto:slagell at illinois.edu>> wrote:

You may try turning off the checksum verification.

On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Laleh Arshadi <la_arshadi at yahoo.com<mailto:la_arshadi at yahoo.com>>
 wrote:

Dear All,

I know that Bro can analyze offline traffic with its -r option but I wonder if it can analyze the traffic contains truncated packets? I remember a few years ago when I run old versions of Bro on the MAWI traffic, it didn't work properly since the packets were all truncated at 54 bytes. Maybe this has changed in the newer versions?

Regards
Laleh

------

Adam J. Slagell
Chief Information Security Officer
Sr. Research Scientist
www.slagell.info<http://www.slagell.info/>

"Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."

------