[Bro] truncated packets

Laleh Arshadi la_arshadi at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 11:41:32 PDT 2013

Disabling checksum verification won't help much. You'll end up getting protocol violations because the protocol truncates so quickly. 54 bytes really doesn't give you much to work with. I assume you're just interested in getting connection logs?

  --Vlad

Yes... exactly. Is it possible to do so?

Laleh

On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:30 PM, Slagell, Adam J <slagell at illinois.edu> wrote:

> See http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.security.detection.bro/3168
>
> On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:29 PM, Adam J. Slagell <slagell at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
>> You may try turning off the checksum verification.
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Laleh Arshadi <la_arshadi at yahoo.com>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I know that Bro can analyze offline traffic with its -r option but I wonder if it can analyze the traffic contains truncated packets? I remember a few years ago when I run old versions of Bro on the MAWI traffic, it didn't work properly since the packets were all truncated at 54 bytes. Maybe this has changed in the newer versions?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Laleh