[Bro] troubleshooting bro memory usage?

aaron gee-clough lists at g-clef.net
Fri Aug 9 12:30:48 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've just come across something that implies Bro is caching all DNS
resolutions that go past it
(https://bro-tracker.atlassian.net/browse/BIT-964). The bro systems I
recently put in are in front of our main internal DNS resolvers, so
almost all of the traffic they see is DNS resolution requests/answers.
If Bro is caching all DNS, that would go a long way to explaining why
bro's memory usage is continually increasing for my two sensors.

Is there a way to disable this caching? (or have I mis-understood what
bro's doing with DNS?)

Thanks.

aaron