[Bro] Redux - source build on OpenBSD (5.3) and BIND libs

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 26 07:59:52 PDT 2013

> I'm hung up trying to figure out where the necessary
> routines/libraries would be. OpenBSD ships with BIND 9 by default, and
> has res_* functions in libc (there is no libresolv.a, etc.; libresolv
> was removed ~2005). The previously referenced thread mentions libbind
> package; this doesn't seem to exist any more, although there is an an
> upstream ISC BIND 9 package (isc-bind 9.9.2-P2).

There's a libbind 6.0 package at [1] (third from bottom of list) that might have what's needed.  From what I read [2], the resolver library and headers it provides used to be part of BIND 8/9, but later removed as its own separate package.  Not sure if OpenBSD has it's own package corresponding to that.

- Jon

[1] https://www.isc.org/downloads/
[2] https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2009-May/076322.html