[Bro] how to get bro to support utf-8 chars like Chinese in detect-webapps.sig ?

Gao Yongwei itxx00 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 22:49:53 PST 2013

Hello ,all:
    I am a newbie, I've enabled policy/protocols/http/detect-webapps in
local.bro and prepared a redmine test site,
bro can successful detect this type of web app,in software.log I can see:

1386139178.321119       192.168.1.2    80      HTTP::WEB_APPLICATION
Redmine -       -       -       -       -       Redmine
http://redmine.example.com/

Now I want to detect web app by Chinese chars , I've tried to add utf-8
characters in detect-webapp.sig ,but could not get bro work.

how can I achieve that goal ?

thanks.