[Bro] out of memory after a couple days?

Mike Patterson mike.patterson at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 5 08:28:14 PST 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Seth Hall <seth at icir.org> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2013, at 9:12 AM, Mike Patterson <mike.patterson at uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>> That was my assumption too. I upgraded on 8 November, leaked early AM 16th, and then again on the 29th. Traffic would have been at an ebb on the 16th, and rising on the 29th, so I don’t think it’s sheer volume - as you say, there must be something *in* the traffic. Or more likely, a sequence of things, otherwise I expect 2.2 would be vomiting all over my RAM far more often.
>

> Another question I had is if you're only seeing it on a couple of worker processes or if it's all of them?
>
> That might narrow it down a bit to tell us if it's just a single connection doing something weird that is causing it or if it's something larger.

It was not all of them, but it was more than one, both times. I’ll take a closer count next time.
Maybe “amount of RAM I’m currently using” could be added per-worker to some stats output plugin?

Mike

--
Beware of "the real world".  A speaker's appeal to it is always
an invitation not to challenge his tacit assumptions.