[Bro] window_recision

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Dec 16 11:51:57 PST 2013

On Dec 16, 2013, at 1:11 PM, Thomas Mullins <TSMullins at mecc.edu> wrote:

> While searching our BRO logs, I came across a few hosts giving  window_recision errors.  A Google search did not shed any light on this subject.  What does window_recision mean?

I've been curious about this myself at a few sites that see a surprisingly high number of window_recision weird.  My suspicion is that it's due to some middle box on the network that is running out of buffer space.  Are you monitoring at your border and do you have a border firewall?

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/