[Bro] Running external command line programs

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Feb 14 05:34:27 PST 2013

In case anyone is interested in playing with this *very* early, a couple of days ago I wrote a wrapper for the input framework to execute command line programs and get the result back into Bro in a non-blocking manner.  It makes stdout, stderr, and the exit code available once your command is done executing.

The script:
	https://github.com/sethhall/bro-junk-drawer/blob/master/exec.bro

An example use of the script:
	https://github.com/sethhall/bro-junk-drawer/blob/master/exec-test.bro

I'd appreciate feedback if anyone tries it, thanks!

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/