[Bro] redef LogElasticSearch variables

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Mon Feb 25 12:56:25 PST 2013

On Feb 25, 2013, at 3:45 PM, Jesse Bowling <jessebowling at gmail.com> wrote:

> bro/base/frameworks/logging/writers/elasticsearch.bro

This is the script level support for the elasticsearch writer.

> bro/policy/tuning/logs-to-elasticsearch.bro

This is a utility script to help you send your logs to ElasticSearch.  It has some tuning options so you can choose if you only want to send certain logs.

> Both of them specify that the module is called "LogElasticSearch"...Is that a problem? At any rate…

Defining a module only sets that to your current namespace.  You can define it multiple times.

I believe Justin answered the rest of your question. :)

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro-ids.org/