[Bro] Errors from trace-summary

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 11 07:59:55 PST 2013

On Jan 9, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> I obviously missed something during the install, because I'm getting these
> errors:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/bin/trace-summary", line 19, in <module>
>    import SubnetTree
> ImportError: No module named SubnetTree
>        1.06 real         0.04 user         0.78 sys
>
> I installed ipsumdump.  What else should I have done?  A configure option?

Are you running trace-summary manually?

The SubnetTree module its complaining about should get installed by default in $prefix/lib/broctl/SubnetTree.py and broctl at least can automatically find it there.  But if you run trace-summary manually you may have to alter your PYTHONPATH for it to be found.  E.g:

    PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/bro/lib/broctl /usr/local/bro/bin/trace-summary

Or is SubnetTree.py just missing completely?

    Jon