[Bro] connection states

Laleh Arshadi la_arshadi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 21 10:18:08 PDT 2013

Hi Ron

Thanks for the link but unfortunately it does not contain all the information I am looking for.

L. Arshadi

FYI

I found the below link.

Thanks

http://www.icir.org/robin/rwth/bro-tour.pdf

Ron Jenkins (SnortCP, VCP (3/4), MCNE, CNE6, MCP,CCNA)

Dear all,

Seems that Bro classifies connections into a number of states in its "connection summaries" log files. States such SF, REJ, etc. upon which it then classifies the connection into one of the three states "good", "bad' or "unkown". I was wondering if one could give me a direct pointer to a reference in which these states are discussed thoroughly.

Regards
L. Arshadi