[Bro] Nodes still crashing/Site specific files

Richards, James L - DOA James.Richards at wisconsin.gov
Thu Jun 13 09:03:26 PDT 2013

I am back onto bro, and still addressing some issues.

When performing a new installation, I would like to copy back my site-specific files with modifications, and it appears that some files live outside of the /usr/local/bro directory.

  Does anyone know offhand where I should look for these files.

I have performed a new install, then copied the files from a previous working version of bro from the /usr/local/previous-bro/share/bro/site and /usr/local/previous-bro/spool/ directories to the current bro install...  but all of my nodes crash upon issuing the START command from broctl.

  I also repointed bro using ln -s PREVIOUS-WORKIN-BRO bro, but the same behavior persists.

Anyone run into this?

James Richards
Office of Security
Wisconsin Department of Administration