[Bro] printing metrics to screen

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Mar 14 14:04:02 PDT 2013

On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:53 PM, JP Bourget <jp.bourget at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seth - I'm trying to figure out how to print out Metrics values stored with the Metrics Framework. So if I'm watching something, how can I figure out the state or values of everything in order to understand that what I think is happening is happening.

The metrics (soon measurement) framework is undergoing heavy rewrites right now and I'm hoping to get the latest refactor pushed out very soon, I'm working on it a lot right now.  One of the big changes has been to change it into more of a utility intended to help you accomplish goals instead of trying to accomplish everything on it's own.  What's in 2.0 and 2.1 was written to solve very few situations.  What I'm working on now has a much broader range of applicability and capability.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think what you're trying to do isn't possible with the version of the metrics framework you're using. :)

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/