[Bro] Bro programming intro

Tritium Cat tritium.cat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:18:45 PDT 2013

Thanks for your comments, good to reflect on over coffee.  FWIW I am
running the cluster model with plenty of RAM and CPU to spare with a near
default config.

I do not believe what I am trying to learn and implement is premature
optimization but thanks for the reminder, I've made that mistake a few
times.

Another thing I would like to do is tag every orig_h and resp_h with
additional identifiers relative to the prefix, sorta like BGP ASNs.  I
usually use a Patricia-Trie for this.  Is there a special data type and BiF
I should consider ?

>From the documentation on extending logging [1] it seems that is a bit
beyond the scripting layer.  I read about the input framework [2] and it
seems it might work for this application but I'm not sure if this is best.
 What do you suggest ?  I would like all logs that have an orig_h and/or
resp_p to include the tags.

[1] http://www.bro.org/documentation/logging.html#extending
[2] http://www.bro.org/documentation/input.html

Thanks !