[Bro] cannot create working directory

Richards, James L - DOA James.Richards at wisconsin.gov
Fri May 24 12:46:21 PDT 2013

Well...

  It doesn't look like a permissions issue, all files are bro:bro, and the broctl.sh script looks to be running as bro.

Plenty of space on the drives.

It has been suggested that I take this as an opportunity to install the latest version of bro on the nodes.  I have a couple of questions:

On Ubuntu, can I run the command to install the binaries, is this recommended, or should I compile, any advantage/risk to either method?

Do I need to update the brocntl machine as well,  that one is running more than just Bro so I cannot take it down at will.

Thanks much,

Jim