[Bro] Problem with broccoli-python

Rosebraugh, Connar connar.rosebraugh at egov.com
Mon Nov 4 15:18:32 PST 2013

Hello All,

I went through the install for broccoli-python, and when I try and do "from broccoli import *" from my home directory, I get the error :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/broccoli.py", line 6, in <module>
    from _broccoli_intern import *
ImportError: libbroccoli.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, when I run this command from /usr/local/lib/python, the command works just fine. Does anyone know what files are supposed to end up in what directories?

Thanks,
Connar Rosebraugh
Intern, Security Operations
NICUSA, Inc.