[Bro] Compiling Bro with Endace Dag Support

Benjamin Wood ben.bt.wood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 14:51:59 PDT 2013

Thanks, I eventually got it to compile and run correctly.

Turns out ./configure was targeting the system libpcap that was installed
before the dag drivers.
-- Found PCAP: /usr/lib64/libpcap.so
instead of the "post-dag" compiled one in /usr/local/lib

Even when I tried "./configure --with-pcap=/usr/local/lib" it still favored
the system libpcap. I don't know if this is by design.

My eventual solution was to remove the system libpcap. Once it was gone,
./configure for bro found the one in /usr/local/lib.
-- Found PCAP: /usr/local/lib/libpcap.so

Cheers,

Benjamin Wood