[Bro] Question regarding an error

Rosebraugh, Connar connar.rosebraugh at egov.com
Wed Oct 30 12:49:54 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I am new to Bro and to the concept of a mailing-list-type forum. If this is not the best place for me to post my questions, please let me know what is so that I don't waste anyone's time.

I am trying to write a script that utilizes the new_connection event. The code is as follows:

@load base/protocols/conn

event new_connection(c: connection)
{
               print "hello"; #simplified definition for the purposes of email
}

When I run this with "bro test.bro", I get the following error: error in ./test.bro, line 30: unknown identifier c, at or near "c"

I pulled this syntax straight from the "Scripting in Bro" examples page. Is there something else that I need to load? I am running the release version of Bro (2.1)

Thanks,
Connar Rosebraugh