[Bro] Redux - source build on OpenBSD (5.3) and BIND libs

Jean-Philippe Luiggi jpl at didconcept.com
Wed Sep 4 17:22:09 PDT 2013

Hi everybody,

As Lou said, getting libbind6 is the solution.

Here is the process I followed today :

1)  Packages

I had to install some of them (maybe others are needed but as my VPS was
up and running...)

# pkg_add flex bison libmagic swig ruby python gmake

Note : ruby is  ruby 1.9 and python is 2.7

2) Libbind 6.0

- Get libbind 6 from : http://www.isc.org/downloads/
- Extract it somewhere then compile/install it. Note that the directory
I used (/opt/share/libbind-6.0)  could be another one.

# tar zxvf libbind-6.0.tar.gz
# cd libbind-6.0
# ./configure --prefix=/opt/share/libbind-6.0; make; make install

3) Bro 2.1

- Extract bro-2.1 then compile it

# tar zxvf bro-2.1.tar.gz
# cd bro-2.1
# CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ -I/usr/local/include/
-I/usr/local/include/ruby-1.9.1/ruby/backward/" ./configure
--prefix=/opt/share/bro-2.1 --with-bind=/opt/share/libbind-6.0/
# gmake; gmake install

Please note I use "/opt/share/bro-2.1" as install directory and I use
"gmake".

The whole process should work but if not,  just send a mail, I will be
happy helping about it :)

Cheers.

Jean-Philippe.

PS: I will try to provide a complete document in the next weeks

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner
suspect n'a été trouvé.