[Bro] rescan_state()?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Sun Sep 15 18:59:33 PDT 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 4:12 PM, Mike Sconzo <sconzo at visiblerisk.com> wrote:

> # IP -> DHH -> proto -> [0] = number of connections [1] = bytes transferred
> global ip_to_connection_info: table[addr] of table[int] of
> table[string] of vector of count &persistent &synchronized;

We're planning on removing the &persistent attribute before long too.  It's not terribly safe to use if you want to keep data safe externally to the Bro process.  Actually, we're hopefully going to be removing &synchronized too.  Neither of those attributes give you the flexibility to define how to make things behave.

If/when we remove them we'll be sure that equivalent and better functionality will be made available, I just wanted to make sure you're aware that your script will need to be updated in the future.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/