[Bro] Multiple interfaces on 2.2-beta-4

Thomas, Eric D edthoma at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 26 15:13:21 PDT 2013

I'm not sure this is a bug, which is why I didn't post it on the tracker. In 2.1 one could do this in node.cfg:

interface=eth2 -i eth3

And bro would open both interfaces. In 2.2-beta-4 specifying two -i's while manually running bro works, but trying to do the above with the "interface" specification doesn't, giving this error:

fatal error: /usr/local/bro/bin/bro: problem with interface eth2  -i eth3 - pcap_open_live: eth2  -i eth3: No such device exists (SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device)

Looks like it's not parsing things the same way. In 2.2 will there be a new way to specify multiple interfaces?
--
Eric Thomas
edthoma at sandia.gov