[Bro] Interesting observation with ssh on non-ssh port

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Apr 2 13:58:11 PDT 2014

On Apr 2, 2014, at 4:11 PM, James Lay <jlay at slave-tothe-box.net> wrote:

> I absolutely did.  I was originally scp'ing a file, then started to test with ssh'ing to the host and exiting out.  Is there a way to debug this?  I think I even compiled it for debugging :)

You’re sure that your box was seeing the traffic you think it was?  Also, if this is on a real network you want to be careful with building with debugging enabled because it can cause a large performance hit which can then cause it’s own problems.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/