[Bro] information exchange between binpac and analyzer

Prateek Gupta prateekgupta.3991 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 06:49:59 PDT 2014

Hello Vlad,
Thank you for your reply.
Though I framed the question completely wrong, yet your answer served
almost all my queries.

I have another doubt and please correct my mistakes.
The C++ code is generated of the .pac files by the binpac in the build.
After "make" and "make install", is this the final analyzer ?
What do the .cc files along with the .pac files in the analyzer have as
content if I intend to write a custom protocol? As binpac calls the event
function for the protocols when a particular "type" is detected, are those
event functions present in these .cc files?
Are the data structures present in these binpac compiled .cc files used for
information exchange?

Thank you.