[Bro] FYI for folks that use PF_RING + DNA + Libzero with Bro > PF_RING ZC is here

Gary Faulkner gary at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 17 16:56:02 PDT 2014

FYI,

I was just going to look at the Libzero documentation on the NTOP site
when I noticed the message "PF_RING ZC (Zero Copy) is the successor of
Libzero and DNA. Please consider using it." It looks to be a single
license now for the driver and libraries as opposed to one for each per
MAC, but it also looks like there is an entirely worked API and example
applications such as pfdnacluster_master get replaced with reworked and
renamed versions. I hadn't seen any mention of it (or missed it) on the
NTOP-misc list, so thought others may have also missed it as well.

See here: http://www.ntop.org/pf_ring/introducing-pf_ring-zc-zero-copy/

Regards,

--
Gary Faulkner