[Bro] Bro and myricom woes

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Aug 7 14:04:14 PDT 2014

On Aug 7, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Harry Hoffman <hhoffman at ip-solutions.net> wrote:

> I’m running with myricom’s sniffer 10G software (v3) in an x16 slot set at GEN II in the BIOS (I don’t have a x8 slot to put it in).

I don't actually have docs from Myricom yet, but I hope our myricom plugin still support their software in v3. :)

> I’m using some of the features of our gigamon to slice packets and only keep up to 32 bytes of certain packets discarding

Ding!  You got it.  This completely breaks Bro and you really don't want to do it.  Try removing that trimming config and see how Bro reacts.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/