[Bro] Anyone using PF_RING ZC with Bro yet?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Aug 13 20:42:34 PDT 2014

On Aug 13, 2014, at 11:33 PM, Gary Faulkner <gfaulkner.nsm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple new machines to set up and I am curious if anyone has
> upgraded from PF_RING DNA + Libzero to PF_RING ZC for use with Bro and
> what your experience has been? Is it safe or preferred to upgrade to ZC
> or to stick with the DNA/Libzero approach at this time?

The PF_Ring plugin in 2.3 should support ZC interfaces from the ZC traffic balancing tool they provide.  One problem with it though is that the new ZC tool only support balancing the traffic to a single tool unlike the DNA load balancing tool which can load balance traffic multiple times out to different tools.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/