[Bro] Quick smtp-url-extraction question

Hosom, Stephen M hosom at battelle.org
Thu Aug 14 06:51:30 PDT 2014

All,

I submitted a pull request last week for this. You could technically grab the script and run it. Since I’m not part of the Bro team though, I can’t promise that this will continue to work.

https://github.com/bro/bro/pull/10

I run a variation of this script in my production environment right now. Keep in mind that it is normally a bad plan to extend an internal Bro module. Since there’s a pretty high demand for it, if you’d like to modify this to not extend the internal SMTP modules and be separate, it is a relatively short task (about 15 minutes).

Lastly, this is provided as-is with no warranty, etc. etc.

Thanks,

Stephen