[Bro] Protocol Analyzer Template

Jason Batchelor jxbatchelor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:09:21 PDT 2014

Hello:

I am interested in writing a protocol analyzer, however, I really did not
know exactly where to start.

I checked out the presentation here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eDIl9y6ZnM

It was fantastic, and helped me understand more about what the requirements
are.

Toward the end of the presentation there is mention of a script that auto
generates the basic files you need to create your analyzer. Unfortunately,
the deck states it is yet to be released. Does anyone know if this has
happened yet?

Additionally, I noticed that some of the directories/files the presenter
mentions are not present in my installation. For example:

src/analyzers/protocol (not present)

I do not see any .pac files either.

I may be (likely) missing something. If so, please kindly point it out to
me. If not, were there changes made that would make much of the location
information provided in the presentation irrelevant? Could someone kindly
issue a refresher or point me to one?

Many thanks,
Jason