[Bro] Fwd: Configure error linking libpcap and pthread

Joe Blow blackhole.em at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 07:53:20 PDT 2014

So i've gone and recompiled with PF_RING 6.  I have everything working and
using PF_RING correctly, but i'm still seeing packet loss (around 25% on a
400-450mb/s link).   I was only ever able to get Bro working with
"Transparent mode = 0" and not 2 or 1.  I might be doing something
completely wrong, but whenever i start BRO, i only ever see one thread
peaking at 100%. Here is my node configuration:

[worker-0]
type=worker
host=10.10.10.10
interface=eth3
lb_method=pf_ring
lb_procs=12

Any ideas as to why i'm only getting one thread seeing the bro traffic?
Excuse my ignorance.

Cheers,

JB