[Bro] Fwd: Configure error linking libpcap and pthread

Joe Blow blackhole.em at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:31:30 PDT 2014

It sure is.  Here is what it's telling me from the proc fs:

# cat /proc/net/pf_ring/53559-eth3.103
Bound Device(s)    : eth3
Active             : 1
Breed              : Non-DNA
Sampling Rate      : 1
Capture Direction  : RX+TX
Socket Mode        : RX+TX
Appl. Name         : <unknown>
IP Defragment      : No
BPF Filtering      : Enabled
# Sw Filt. Rules   : 0
# Hw Filt. Rules   : 0
Poll Pkt Watermark : 1
Num Poll Calls     : 1
Channel Id Mask    : 0xFFFFFFFF
Cluster Id         : 0
Slot Version       : 16 [6.0.2]
Min Num Slots      : 32768
Bucket Len         : 8192
Slot Len           : 8232 [bucket+header]
Tot Memory         : 269758464
Tot Packets        : 220334266
Tot Pkt Lost       : 74243221
Tot Insert         : 146091045
Tot Read           : 145749734
Insert Offset      : 136479200
Remove Offset      : 136550784
TX: Send Ok        : 0
TX: Send Errors    : 0
Reflect: Fwd Ok    : 0
Reflect: Fwd Errors: 0
Num Free Slots     : 0

This is where i'm seeing tons of the packet loss.  I've got snort running
with PF_RING on the same box with 8 threads, 0 packet loss.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

JB