[Bro] building a new bro server

Clark, Gilbert gc355804 at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:22:13 PST 2014

A few other memory-related things, for what they're worth:

* Make sure vm.swappiness is turned way down
* numactl / numastat could be useful to play with: memory locality can make a difference
* Related to memory locality: try tweaking vm.zone_reclaim_mode

If you're into lower-level tuning / analysis, I also like:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-performance-counter-monitor-a-better-way-to-measure-cpu-utilization

HTH,
Gilbert