[Bro] Question about how to transfer bro data to java

Ren, Wenyu wren3 at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 10 23:14:33 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a question about transferring data in Bro script to java. I currently have a tree-like data structure kept by multi-level tables in Bro script. I would like to transfer this data structure to java environment for further use (maybe using multi-level hashmaps in java to keep it). What is the most efficient way to do this?

The way I can come up with is to simply traverse the tree and write all the data in the tree in some certain formats to a text file and read that file in java to construct the structure again from scratches. But this seems extremely inefficient. Do you know any better way to do this?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Wenyu